The Practical Trainer:
The Practical Trainer program has been specifically designed for new trainers as well as for experienced professionals who wish to enhance their skills in order to cater to the ever growing demand for certified trainers. This program will help to gain strategies and techniques for delivering high quality workplace training. It is beneficial in acquiring knowledge to develop effective coaching programs for individuals and organisations.
The obligation of a good trainer is to bring statistics to a target audience and in order to do that they need to develop the required skills. This information will then engage, empower, and encourage continued learning and development. During the course of the program, you will be able to refine and develop the objectives of the training and mail your queries at the end of it.
This Course will help you:
- Recognize the importance of considering the participants and their training needs, including the different learning styles and adult learning principles.
- Know how to write objectives and evaluate whether these objectives have been met at the end of a training session.
- Develop an effective training style, using appropriate training aids and techniques.
- Conduct a short group training session that incorporates these training concepts
- Engaging training sessions
- Incorporate training of employees to improve leadership skills
- How to bring about flexibility in the training sessions so that not only are all the requirements met but also the information is shared in a compelling manner.
- Effective and relevant training keeping in mind the requirement of today’s business
- Principles of adult learning
- Recognizing one’s own training features and working towards building a training process most suitable to you which will enhance public speaking and presentation skills
- Effective participant assessment and evaluation process
- Preparing you as a trainer
Who Should attend:
- Aspiring Trainers
- Instructional Designers
- Training Managers
- Human Resource Specialists
- Coordinators and Facilitators
- Insurance Trainers
- Voice and Accent Trainers
- Process Trainers
- Training engineering, MBA students and for colleges, universities
- Anyone who has got a passion and zeal towards any kind of training
- Internationally accepted certificate from CTPD/ Asian College of Teachers
- Industry-recognized certification
- CTPD Certificates are nationally recognized verifications of skill or knowledge attainment based on generally-accepted skill standards for Training occupation.
- Certifications usually include a combination of an examination, demonstration of skills, and/or experience requirements.
To further your career opportunities while excelling in the various techniques of training you can also opt for the following program on completion of this level -
- Facilitation Skills
- Developing a Training Needs Analysis
- Advanced skills for Practical Trainer
Credit system to earn your Diploma
Each 1-day face to face program comes with 1 credit and Specialised Short courses comes with 2 credits and our 4-5 days program comes with 4-5 credits. After you add 4 credits you are eligible for a Professional Diploma and with 10 credits you can earn Professional PG Diploma.
Candidates will have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Defining a Successful Training Program
- This online program will give you the skills that you need so that the learners not only learn, but also enjoy the process, retain information shared, and use their new skills back in the workplace.
What Makes a Successful Trainer?
- Next, participants will discuss the characteristics of a successful trainer, including how to stimulate a readiness to learn. Participants will also look at common mistakes made by trainers, and they will point out ways to avoid or resolve those issues.
A Word about Adult Learning
- In this section, participants will explore the differences between adult and child learners in small groups.
The Learning Process
- The adult learning process has four distinct steps. Participants will look at each step and discuss how they can use this model to help trainees learn.
Principles of Adult Learning
- This section will explore the key principles of adult learning through various assignments.
The Learning Process
- In this section, participants will explore the four basic steps in learning. Participants will also explore some ways to cover all points of the cycle in a training program.
What's Your Type? How About Mine?
- During this section, we will look at four main types of trainers. Participants will explore their type and discuss how this knowledge can help them become better trainers. The section will wrap up with a discussion of the experiential learning process.
Applying the Learning Cycle
- For every learning point we make, trainers must consider the learning cycle to ensure that the learners get it. This section will explore the cycle through two different exercises.
Introverts and Extroverts
- Another powerful aspect to understanding yourself and others is to recognize whether you are an introvert or an extrovert. This section will ask participants to consider which side they fall on, and how to use that knowledge in training.
The Training Process
- This section will introduce the six basic steps in the training process and discuss the first step: performing a needs analysis.
- The next two steps in the training process are to develop the training and prepare employees. We will examine these steps through a lecture and group work.
Choosing Training Methods
- The fourth step of the training process is to conduct the training. During this section, we will begin looking at some key parts of this step, including training methods and environmental concerns.
Designing a Learning Sequence
- This section will introduce participants to the four parts of an effective learning sequence. Then, participants will practice creating a few sequences of their own.
- Continuing with the fourth step, participants will learn how to choose games to add to their training.
Setting the Climate
- This section will discuss some of the key factors that set the training climate.
- During this section, participants will explore some different ways to communicate with the audience, including telling, showing, non-verbal communication, and using notes. Participants will also examine some different types of visual aids that they can use and how best to use them.
Dealing with Difficult Trainees
- Participants will complete a brainstorming exercise to identify types of difficult trainees and ways to deal with them.
- Job instruction training (or on-the-job training) is becoming more and more prevalent. This section will discuss a four-step plan to make job training a success.
- We have set aside an assignment for participants to prepare a short training program.
- It is now time to go back to the fifth step of the training process: evaluations. We will examine several methods that participants can use to evaluate the success of their program.
- At the end of the course, the candidates will have an opportunity to mail their queries and fill out an action plan.
As soon as you have decided your preference date and signed up for the program, you will be given an access to our award winning LMS (e-learning) portal. This access will remain with you as long as your course duration. An online tutor will be assigned for you to clear your doubts and a large section of FAQ in the online LMS will also give you answers to your various questions.
First, you have to log in to the Module using your user ID and password issued by us to go through the content. The content requires reading and watching the respective videos. All courses are divided into subjects and laid over in a sequential manner for easy understanding.
Assessment comprises of MCQ and written assignments. All the MCQs are mandatory. MCQ’s can be self-checked. You will get only one attempt to answer the MCQ’s. After submitting all the MCQ’s you will get to see the score.
You can work around your study schedule as per your convenience and need to devote a couple of hours for the course you enrolled in. You will be given access to all the study materials and relevant resources. You may view the course materials on your own schedule.
You must plan to devote 2 – 3 hours per day. Since this is an online course you can study any time of the day. It may be helpful to sync your work (if you are working) and the course you have taken up, so you can prepare for each day accordingly.
You must plan to spend dedicated hours each week on reading, studying and completing assignments. An organized study schedule will allow you to stay on top of your course.
After you successfully complete an Online Short Course, you are eligible to receive your CTPD Digital certificate at no extra cost. If you wish to take a hard copy certificate, there will be additional charges. Typically Certificates are shipped within 3 weeks of submission of final writing assignment.
The online courses provided by us will develop your skills and demonstrate to your future employers that you have the current knowledge of the subject and have been certified by a trusted institution. We suggest you to include our Online Courses on your resume and staying connected with our alumni and placement cell will further boost your career prospects.
Dates and Fees
Admissions for online courses are rolling and you can start the course any day of the year. This online course will be available in the LMS for your access for 2 months.
Fees for this “Facilitation Skills” is 8850 INR (inclusive of GST) / 150 USD / 120 GBP / inclusive of Tax.
- Digital Certificate is free of cost
- Hard Copy Certificate dispatch fee is separate