If you are willing to effectively employ your industry expertise to evaluate, integrate and put your existing knowledge to use in various ways, then enrolling in Asian College of Teachers’ (ACT) Professional Doctorate will be your best bet. The courses have been designed keeping in mind the needs of experienced professionals to excel in their respective fields across the globe. This Professional Doctorate is different from the PhD degrees for its scope of independent research. It aids trainees in implementing their ideas, knowledge and expertise ideas in the professional context.
- Professional Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction
- Professional Doctorate in Education
- Professional Doctorate in Education Administration & Leadership
- Professional Doctorate in Educational Psychology
- Professional Doctorate in Special Education
- Professional Doctorate in Teaching
Online Professional Doctorate vs. PhD Program
Which one should you opt for? It depends on your career aspirations.
A PhD program from an online university will benefit you the most if you want to:
- Pursue a traditional doctorate to produce a scholarly paper
- Expand your knowledge and expertise in a specific area
- Focus on academic research and publish research as an expert author
- Opportunity to work as a faculty teaching position in higher education
- Serve as a leader and expert within your organization
An online professional Doctorate will be the right choice if you want to:
- Deepen your understanding of the functional disciplines of your profession
- Participate in action research based on real-world issues related to your current work
- Provide practical solutions to current problems
- Serve as an authority and leader in your profession
- Promote positive change in your industry
Focus of the Course
- 1. Aids in career aspirations to pursue the highest professional qualification in a particular field of work
- 2. Develops professional expertise in the workplace
- 3. Imparts an improved sense of confidence in a precise field of work/career
- 4. Focuses on enhancing specific job-related competencies
- 5. Positions and strategically places experts in the field of employment by polishing & portraying their own unique competitive advantage
- 6. A futuristic program which aims at keeping you ahead with a ground-breaking qualification
- 7. Puts you ahead of others in terms of employability, personal - professional drive and satisfaction
- 8. A futuristic qualification guaranteeing better career prospects in the latest era of human evolution
During a Doctorate, the focus needs to be on:
- Assessing the current state of knowledge regarding one’s field
- Evaluating a real-world problem facing their industry
- Understanding various research methods
- Designing and conducting a research study
- Expanding the body of industry knowledge through research findings
- Admission to the Professional Doctorate is open to students from all disciplines
- Recognised Bachelor Degree or Master’s Degree in any field or equivalent level
- Life Experience 10+ years
- English Level – IELTS Level 6.0 or equivalent
- Knowledge of Internet and browsing, MS Word and Online Research Skill is desired
- All degrees will be conferred by The European International University (EIU– Paris).
- Students will also receive a Certificate of Completion from Asian College of Teachers (ACT).
- European International University is a private higher education establishment authorized by the French Ministry of National Education, Higher Education, Research, and Innovation, in accordance to and in compliance with the French Education Act: Code de l’Education Articles L 444-1 to 444-11 and R 444-1 to 444-28.
What do you learn?
What does a Professional Doctorate encompass?
A noteworthy variance in the presentation of a professional doctorate is that there is no necessity for increased subject-specific training as one would already be a subject matter expert with years of experience.
ACT’s professional Doctorate comprises four stages:
- Complete the Point Based Application form to check your eligibility
- Complete Study of “Introduction to Research”*
- Complete a Research paper of 10,000 words
- A live online defence in front of a panel
*Through the modules, one will become familiar with the theoretical problems relevant to their professional field and reflect on how they can integrate these into their research project.
Dates and Fees
Admissions for online courses are rolling and you can start the course any day of the year. This online course will be available in the LMS for your access for 3 years.
- Fees for this Professional Doctorate is:
2750 USD – If paying from USA or paying in USD
2400 GBP – If paying from UK or EU
93000 Thai Baht – If paying in Asia
2,00,000 INR– If paying in India
- Digital Certificate is free of cost
- Hard Copy Certificate dispatch fee is separate