Facilitation Skills is a subject matter best suited for aspiring or budding trainers which particularly focuses on how to initiate and encourage group decision-making and team interactions. Its helps participants understand their natural facilitation strengths and harness their own unique training styles. The journey of transformation from managers or instructors to a trainer or facilitator becomes much smoother with the help of this particular program.
The online course has been specifically designed keeping in mind the requirement of the participants so that they understand their natural facilitation strengths. Perception of facilitating, perfect evaluation processes and maximizing effect are some of the key features of the program.
This Course will help you:
- How to distinguish facilitation from instruction and training
- Distinguish between content and process
- The stages of team development and ways to help teams through each stage
- Common process tools to make meetings easier and more productive
- How to identify the competencies linked to effective small group facilitation
- Help people to understand their natural facilitation strengths
- Understand how to initiate interventions to make meetings easier and more productive.
- Keynotes on differentiating between facilitating and training.
- How to identify the competencies related to effective small group facilitation
- Meet challenges and opportunities for greater efficiency
- Equips you better to handle controversial issues in a better way
- Helps you to support your team in the best possible way so that you can extract maximum output with minimum effort
- Confidence to deliver presentations
Who Should attend:
- Aspiring Trainers
- Instructional Designers
- Training Managers
- Human Resource Specialists
- Coordinators and Facilitators
- Insurance Trainers
- Voice and Accent Trainers
- Process Trainers
- Training engineering, MBA students and for colleges, universities
- Anyone who has got a passion and zeal towards any kind of training
- Internationally accepted certificate from CTPD/ Asian College of Teachers
- Industry-recognized certification
- CTPD Certificates are nationally recognized verifications of skill or knowledge attainment based on generally-accepted skill standards for Training occupation.
- Certifications usually include a combination of an examination, demonstration of skills, and/or experience requirements.
To further your career opportunities while excelling in the various techniques of training you can also opt for the following program on completion of this level -
- Using Activities to make training fun
- Measuring Training Result
- Coaching Skills for managers
Credit system to earn your Diploma
Each 1-day face to face program comes with 1 credit and Specialised Short courses comes with 2 credits and our 4-5 days program comes with 4-5 credits. After you add 4 credits you are eligible for a Professional Diploma and with 10 credits you can earn Professional PG Diploma.
Defining Your Role
- To begin, participants will explore the differences between facilitation, training, and chairing.
How Facilitators Work
- Next, participants will explore key facilitation skills, levels of facilitation, facilitation language, and things to do to ensure facilitation success.
Establishing Ground Rules
- In this part, participants will learn about ground rules, also known as norms. They will have to generate a list of ground rules for the remainder of the program.
Content and Process
- While facilitators are responsible for the process, it is participants who are responsible for and manage the content. This session will explore the differences between these two aspects of a meeting.
Types of Thinking
- Next, participants will learn about divergent thinking and convergent thinking, as well as the grey area (also known as the Groan Zone) between the two.
Handling Controversial Issues
- In this part, participants will learn how to handle controversial issues in a neutral and professional way.
- This topic will explore the building blocks of good communication: active listening, questioning skills, probing techniques, and managing your body language.
Listening For Common Ground
- For most people, it seems to be instinctive to try to find something in common with their fellow humans. This topic explores the importance of listening for common ground in facilitation.
Common Facilitation Techniques
- This topic will emphasize about 16 important facilitation techniques. Then, participants will divide into groups to prepare and present a short demonstration on a chosen technique.
Providing Effective Feedback
- Part of your role as a facilitator includes providing and accepting feedback. This part will give participants some tips on giving and receiving feedback. It will conclude with an exercise that will help them practice this skill.
Managing Divergent Perspectives
- Next, participants will learn some ways to manage divergent perspectives. Then, they will apply their knowledge to a case study.
The Language of Facilitation
- In this part, participants will learn about some communication elements that are unique to facilitation. Then, they will apply their knowledge to an interactive case study.
- Part of facilitating meetings is developing an agenda. This topic will outline a brief, easy process to help facilitators build a good agenda.
Dealing with Difficult Dynamics
- In this session, participants will complete a mix and match exercise to identify possible difficult behaviors and ways to manage them. Then, participants will learn about and practice twelve easy, effective ways to intervene in a group discussion.
Building Sustainable Agreements
- Getting a group to come to an agreement is not much good if that agreement is not supported by true consensus. This part will give participants ways to build sustainable agreements.
Stages of Team Development
- Next, participants will learn about Tuckman and Jensen's Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing, and Adjourning model, which outline the stages of team development. Participants will also identify some ways to help groups through each stage.
- The final session will introduce participants to two decision-making tools: SWOT analysis and force field analysis.
- At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
As soon as you have decided your preference date and signed up for the program, you will be given an access to our award winning LMS (e-learning) portal. This access will remain with you as long as your course duration. An online tutor will be assigned for you to clear your doubts and a large section of FAQ in the online LMS will also give you answers to your various questions.
First, you have to log in to the Module using your user ID and password issued by us to go through the content. The content requires reading and watching the respective videos. All courses are divided into subjects and laid over in a sequential manner for easy understanding.
Assessment comprises of MCQ and written assignments. All the MCQs are mandatory. MCQ’s can be self-checked. You will get only one attempt to answer the MCQ’s. After submitting all the MCQ’s you will get to see the score.
You can work around your study schedule as per your convenience and need to devote a couple of hours for the course you enrolled in. You will be given access to all the study materials and relevant resources. You may view the course materials on your own schedule.
You must plan to devote 2 – 3 hours per day. Since this is an online course you can study any time of the day. It may be helpful to sync your work (if you are working) and the course you have taken up, so you can prepare for each day accordingly.
You must plan to spend dedicated hours each week on reading, studying and completing assignments. An organized study schedule will allow you to stay on top of your course.
After you successfully complete an Online Short Course, you are eligible to receive your CTPD Digital certificate at no extra cost. If you wish to take a hard copy certificate, there will be additional charges. Typically Certificates are shipped within 3 weeks of submission of final writing assignment.
The online courses provided by us will develop your skills and demonstrate to your future employers that you have the current knowledge of the subject and have been certified by a trusted institution. We suggest you to include our Online Courses on your resume and staying connected with our alumni and placement cell will further boost your career prospects.
Dates and Fees
Admissions for online courses are rolling and you can start the course any day of the year. This online course will be available in the LMS for your access for 2 months.
Fees for this “Facilitation Skills” is 8850 INR (inclusive of GST) / 150 USD / 120 GBP / inclusive of Tax.
- Digital Certificate is free of cost
- Hard Copy Certificate dispatch fee is separate